WELCOME!

Grab some tea or coffee and enjoy reading about my life. If you are a new reader be sure to read my first post here to learn a bit about why I made a blog. I hope you stick around!

Sharon

Saturday, November 27, 2010

My First Post

Hi!  So, I have kicked around the idea of becoming a blogger for many, many weeks, maybe months, now so while on a 4-day work hiatus I took the plunge!  Here is my first attempt at being a successful blogger.  I think we should start simply by me letting you know what I plan for my blog and telling you a bit of who I am.  

First off, The reason I want to blog:  This is simple.  While I was researching my career of choice (medical transcription) I didn't find a whole lot of success stories, and the ones I did find were years old.  I decided that if I was ever a successful MT then I would blog to show other people that it is 100% possible to be an at home MT.  So, here I am.  I have gone through my course, passed my final, and within 2 months I was hired as an at home MT.  I have been working for a year and a couple of months and I still absolutely LOVE the work I do.  I will post tomorrow and expand on the MT world so check back!  I will share my experience and try and educate those who don't know what MT work is like.    It is not always easy, and I promise I won't sugar coat it, EVER, but I absolutely love what I do for a living.  In this blog you will get 100% honesty in what being an MT is all about. 

Second, what do I plan to blog ABOUT?  I plan to make this a daily diary-type of blog in which I share tidbits of my life, my interests, my joy (and frustrations) about my work, and just type about my life in general.  I have many interests such as crocheting, nail art, writing, reading, watching movies, and I have been known to search a random place in the world and just research it for no reason (this is what started my dream of visiting Ireland).  You may get the occasional movie review and nail polish review.  I am a pretty random person so who knows what I will come up with :)

Third, who am I?   My name is Sharon.  I love butterflies and the color purple.  I have recently married my perfect man and we have 3 wonderful children.  We don't like the term "Step" so once we were married, we were a family.  No stepping about it, we are a mom, a dad, and 3 children (plus 2 cats and a dog).  No, he is not the birth father of my children and I am not the birth mother of his, but it doesn't matter.  We are a family, plain and simple.  
As I have said, I am a stay at home, work at home mom.  My husband, Rob, is a full time student.  We have 2 daughters,13-year-old Holland and 9-year-old Allie; one son, 10-year-old Jonathan; 2 cats, Angel and Zoe; and one dog, Wei-Wei (way-way).  We are not your typical family.  We are all about letting our children be who THEY choose.  They make their own choices and they are in control of their lives (within reason of course).  We only guide them and advise them.  We believe that they will learn from any mistakes they make and that those mistakes will simply make them stronger.  We laugh often, love freely, and in my eyes, we are my perfect, ideal family.  
(In case you haven't noticed yet..I am deliriously happy.  My life is simply a dream)

I am not a person who can handle crowds, and I form online friendships a lot faster than "real life" friendships simply because I spent the first 30 years of my life as a very degraded and controlled woman.  I will go into that whole story one of these days, the short version is that I didn't have the best childhood, I married at 17 to a man who wasn't comfortable (putting it nicely) with letting me live a life, it took me many years to get the courage to get out of that situation.  In the 4 years since escaping that marriage I have learned to drive, gotten my first drivers license ever, bought a car, rented my own house, went through my Career Step (MT school) training, and gotten a job, and I am now married to a man who makes my life complete.  I still have panic attacks in a crowd and I am still very timid...I grow stronger every day though. 

So, there you have it.  You know a bit of who I am, what I do, and what you will find in my blog.  I hope that you stick around and get to know me and my life.  I welcome any comments, recommendations, questions, grammar corrections, and topic ideas.  I do ask that you refrain from rude or derogatory comments.  Any comments are subject to deletion if I believe it is something that would be offensive to me, my family, or my readers.

I hope to get to know a few people from all over the world....Comment me and let me know a bit about you!

Looking forward to bringing a few smiles and laughs to your world.

Till tomorrow, smile and be thankful for the smallest joy in your life.

Sharon

17 comments:

  1. Sharon, I love your blog! I am privileged to be one of your online friends, and I look forward to more good times here! I'm adding your blog to my Google Reader so I can tell when you update it! Awesome job, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Sharon! Good for you! this will be something fun for you to do, and who knows where it might lead! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blog, Sharon (LeaLea to me)! Having been your cyber friend for 2 years, I am not at all surprised that you have done this! I wish you the best and will definitely be one of your regular readers! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, aka MCubed from KOKO!November 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM

    Thanks for inviting us Career Steppers to be apart of your blog! This is a great idea and I wish you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your blog. I am a Career Stepper and look forward to following your blog. Talk to you soon....Traci

    P.S. I lived in Cork, Ireland with my husband and our 2 sons for a year. Ireland was beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, I am so proud of you for doing this. I can't wait to read more and more of your information. I hope that you will tell us all the stories of how you succeeded with high honours on the first attempt .. You are an inspiration to us in the Clubhouse. Congratulations on your recent marriage, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are in a very good place! It's wonderful to hear that success is possible. Congratulations on all aspects of your life. I'm a Career Stepper and look forward to following your blog.

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start Sharon. I am also a CS grad and a working MT. Unfortunately, I don't live in a far off land, just down the road from you!

    Gwynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a CareerStepper as well. I'm finishing up AAC and hope to take my final before 12/21! It's been a long road with ups and downs and I look forward to hearing about yours! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you go girl. You have a lot of strength and courage. Carpe diem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So proud of you Sharon! You have so much to offer. I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so proud of you! What a great source of encouragement, support, information for all us MTers! AND, I think, a great source of release/therapy for you! Writing is so cathartic! You are inspiring, Sharon! Shoot, I should go update my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading your opening statements and where you've come from made me feel an instant kinship as I have been there too! Crawling out of that hole is a lot of hard work so no wonder you're able to do what you're doing now! I too am a CS grad currently looking for a new job - the one I have isn't working out. Look forward to keeping in touch on your blog - congratulations!
    Nuvon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wtg Sharon. I am impressed. I cannot blog so I will read yours. I am a knitter, suck at crochet and my dream is NZ/Aussie geocaching. This year hopefully (I say hopefully) to visit my friend Maggie in Tok, AK. Been to southeastern, Anchorage, Nome, Kotzebue and I adore AK. I have friend so want to go to Tok which is four hours from Fairbanks. I pray I can get there been planning six years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed reading your first post. I am one of your fellow MTs on the CS forums (Luigismama). I think it is so inspiring that you were in such a terrible relationship and you have come so far in only 4 years. You should be so proud of yourself. I look forward to reading your future posts!

    Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Sharon! I just started with Career Step, and it's so nice to see a positive blog on someone who has already gone through the program and is working. Great info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone!! I am glad that everyone I enjoying my posts! :D It makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete

Here is your chance to ask me questions, request topics, or just say Way To Go! :)