WELCOME!

Grab some tea or coffee and enjoy reading about my life. If you are a new reader be sure to read my first post here to learn a bit about why I made a blog. I hope you stick around!

Sharon

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Busy day in our house today!

Wow, so today Rob got in the cleaning mood, which got us all in the mood to clean.  I did the microwave, cabinets, Jonathan and Ally's dresser drawers, fixed lunch, and grocery shopped....I am so tired now!

I ended up with 5 files over the course of the weekend.  This happens sometimes if someone puts work back in the system.  They see that they cannot finish it, they put it back so someone else can.  I just finished up the last of those and am now typing here before moving to the couch for a few minutes of crocheting before bed.  I plan on being in bed by 10:30!  I see improvement in my work load so I am looking forward to this coming week.  

I have one issue...Today I got on the scale and in just under 2 months I have gained 12 pounds.  This is for 2 reasons.  
1.) I have a weakness for candy, and for the last 2 months my desk hasn't gone a day without some kind of candy to munch on.  
2.) I have a job that is 100% sedentary, and it is really taking a toll on me!  

So....Tomorrow starts the turn around.  I will be going back to measuring the creamer in my coffee, eating more sensibly, tracking my calories, and drinking as much water as my bladder will hold.  Being a recovering bulimic makes it very, very important to gain control of my weight NOW before it gains control of me.  

If you are considering being an MT or already are in training or ARE an MT, please remember to be nice to your body!  Get up at least once an hour and walk around your house.  It only takes 2 minutes.  I tend to forget this, yet I can stay on facebook for 15-20 minutes longer than I need to during a break...Time for some discipline on this growing MT.  

(Fun fact:  I can spell hepatosplenomegaly and esophagogastroduodenoscopy and duodenojejunostomy like it is second nature....I have to correct "discipline" every single time I spell it because I spell it wrong...go figure right??)

Okay.  I am really tired of typing so this is enough for today.  I hope that you all enjoy the beginning of a new week!  I know Monday sucks, just make the most of it!

Until tomorrow...Smile! :)

Sharon

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya girl....that is hilarious because I ate an entire BIG bag of M&Ms the other day! I do this too. At Halloween, it was candy corn!

    Gamecock

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Candy Corn... I ate a value bag a week in October!!! I ate the 3 pound bag of skittles Rob bought me in a freak week!!! that is embarrassing! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you HAVE to find time to be non-sedentary! I think your main issue is the candy, NOT the fact you are working at a desk. I' don't work full time now but most of my life I did. you just need to work around it. I know a lot of people do gain weight because of that lifestyle, but I know you are pretty good at regulating yourself... find time to exercise or get up.. do not just sit there like a zombie!!! there are no excuses for the weight gain, not really!! if you have to munch at your desk, you get a bag of baby carrots!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol... I know! I can't do baby carrots, my IBS doesn't like raw carrots. I can do other fruits and veggies though so that is a good idea. I used to keep bowls of grapes and carrots and caramel at my desk and I always keep mixed nuts here at my desk also. I did A LOT better last week!

    ReplyDelete

Here is your chance to ask me questions, request topics, or just say Way To Go! :)