WELCOME!

Grab some tea or coffee and enjoy reading about my life. If you are a new reader be sure to read my first post here to learn a bit about why I made a blog. I hope you stick around!

Sharon

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Templates: A Medical Transcriptionist's best friend!

So, today I had a rough one.  I had 15 files of the new doctor this morning and then some auditors dropped in on me while Rob was at school taking his final.  So, guess who got to stop working so that I could follow them around answering their questions?  Yeap, Me.  That put me about an hour behind!  Not to mention, it was the new doctor and I am not as quick with him because of my lack of shorthand entries!  (I fixed this tonight with 100 new entries  Yay me!) 

Anyway, get all that done and what comes in???  A 30 minute file from our old friend Dr. Runon!  Followed by 10 more glorious files by Dr. New-guy-who-hardly-ever-breathes (seriously, he just talks and talks and talks!).  These aren't due until noon tomorrow so I stopped and we had dinner, leftover beans and cornbread, YUMMM, and we watched Shrek: The Final Chapter (LOVE LOVED THIS!  It was adorable).  Then once the kiddos were doing their chores I came back to the bedroom to work some more.  I didn't actually type the reports, I just copied and pasted templates and filled in and verified patient names and doctor names for cc: reports.  All in all, 30 minutes work, copy and pasting mostly, made me a quick $16.  Tomorrow morning, all I have to do is fill in the juicy parts of the report!

It is now about 11:15 here and soon I am going to bed.  I love this job but I find it hard to believe how exhausting it is.  I will tell you, and this is the 100% truth.  I look forward to every morning.  I love the work I do and I can't see me doing anything else with my life.  This job is perfect for me.  

Goodnight all.  I will be blogging this weekend about the GOOD stuff about medical transcription and also I might just tell you a bit more about my family.  

Until later....Enjoy your Friday!!

Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Myself and a host of others will be waiting for the next installment...

    I find that reading your blog helps me to stay a little more motivated to type those reports and finish school.

    Thanks!
    Have a great weekend!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Margie, Thank you! It made my day to hear that not only are you waiting for those next installments, but that I am also giving you motivation! This is exactly what I hoped to accomplish! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested to read more tips and words of advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying :) This is all new to me so it is a bit of a challenge to get an organized, tip-filled, post together! I normally just sit and type what comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete

Here is your chance to ask me questions, request topics, or just say Way To Go! :)