WELCOME!

Grab some tea or coffee and enjoy reading about my life. If you are a new reader be sure to read my first post here to learn a bit about why I made a blog. I hope you stick around!

Sharon

Friday, December 31, 2010

Life Happens!

Wow, Okay, first off.  I am sorry for being gone so long :)  Rob has been on me every day about my blogging and honestly, I just was in a funk and didn't know what to write about...  So, I am here again and just going to see what my fingers want to talk about today :)

So, what has been happening?  First, Christmas has passed so a belated Merry Christmas to everyone!  I got wonderful gifts this year of family pictures in frames.  There has never been a more perfect Christmas gift for me!  I also got some new Imak gloves for typing, a butterfly windchime to hang above my desk, the book Elvis and Me, and the movie Sweet Dreams.  Santa also left me lots of goodies in my stocking.  Energy drinks, candy, butterfly stickers, belly rings :)  Santa knows what I like ;)  haha. 

The changes at work are happening, but happening slowly.  The girls who run the show are working hard to make sure this transition is a smooth one for us.  So far, we have only downloaded the software and prepared it to connect.  It should be an exciting change for us all.  As I understand it, this will make our jobs a lot faster and easier.  I say easier because the way we upload our files to our doctors is going to be instant pretty much instead of us having to sign into an FTP site upload the files, sign out.  It doesn't sound like much but it is about a 5 minute process 4-5 times a day, so it can get time consuming.  The new system will omit this FTP login stuff :)

During this slow holiday work season I have been given 4 new doctors.  I have only worked on 3 of the 4 at this point but LOVE those 3.  I feel so lucky to have great doctors to type for.  Honestly, I want to call them one day and just say "thank you"  I truly appreciate the way they dictate.  I was also FINALLY taken off of full review!  This made me happy but nervous at the same time!  This means that my work goes straight to the doctors!  Yea, just a bit scary for me.

Mostly over my blogging hiatus, I have been just relaxing.  I crocheted my first sock, finished up a shawl that I gave to my mother-in-law as a Christmas gift, played a few games on the computer (I love seek and find games), spent too much time on Facebook, and just really got lazy about the blog.  For that, I apologize :)  Blame it on bloggers block!  haha. 


Today is New Years Eve.  Not much work to be found so I am painting my nails, playing games, and now blogging.  Tonight I am going to one of my oldest friend's New Year's party until about 9:00 and then coming home to Rob to ring in the New Year.  Rob just is not the social type so I am going alone.  It should be a fun time :)


So, that pretty much catches you up on my life...  Work is still great.  My kids are amazing.  I am married to the most wonderful man in my world.  Basically, Life happens, and it happens to be good for me.  I am just so beyond my wildest dreams happy.  I see a very very happy New Year in my future :)

So, to all of you, HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Live happy, laugh often, and smile daily. 

Sharon

8 comments:

  1. Happy to see your blog back again!! I was able to take my work with me to visit our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchild Shane. We got to experience the BLIZZARD in New Jersey. Snowed in! I still worked and it went well. I will admit it is easier at home, but I was still pleased :) It means we can go again in April and see the ocean without all the snow.

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a Career Step student, and I was wondering if you see medical transcription/VR phased out any time soon. I don't want to waste my time with this if it isn't going to be here anymore. Just need a little reassurance I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Created Sensibilities....

    Honestly, I don't see it being phased out anytime soon.

    Straight transcription, maybe in a few more years due to advancing voice recognition software. I honestly do not think that VR editors will EVER lose their jobs though! The computers make mistakes and a medical report is way way too important and has to be too perfect to depend on a computer which has no brain to see words in the wrong form or place.

    I think our jobs will change, but will also still be needed :)


    Doris, That was great! That is one of my favorite things about this job! we can take it anywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,

    Glad you're back. It's wonderful that you are off of full review. I was wondering what happens if you ever have blanks...do you then send it back to QA or how does all that work?

    Thanks,
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I wanted to add that if you are ever short on things to talk about, maybe you could write a little about your training process, etc. without blowing confidentiality, of course!

    Have a good day!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Margie, If I have a blank I do send it in for QA and they try to fill it or contact the clinic if needed. If nothing is questioned however, I send the file to a separate folder and they then send them direct to the doctor. :)

    I didn't have much of a training process at the company I work for. It was pretty much "install this and then we will call you". That phone call taught me to use the program to play files and then I was let loose on my first files. I was trained pretty much over the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to see you posting again. Please let Rob know that you are performing a SERVICE to other MTs and we appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renea, when I said He was on me about it...He kept asking WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BLOG AGAIN? He likes reading too :) He is totally supportive of my blogging and encourages it. And he rides my butt if I don't blog for a while...

    ReplyDelete

Here is your chance to ask me questions, request topics, or just say Way To Go! :)