WELCOME!

Grab some tea or coffee and enjoy reading about my life. If you are a new reader be sure to read my first post here to learn a bit about why I made a blog. I hope you stick around!

Sharon

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Also, a bit of nail art!

So, our house is a very strange house in these days.  We don't put our tree up in November!  GASP...the horror of it!  No, just kidding, it is not a tragedy or anything, we just hate that Christmas starts earlier and earlier every year.  This year, they started on October first playing Christmas music and decorating stores.  My only problem with this is that by the time Christmas actually comes, we are sick of it!  So, our tree doesn't go up until 2 weeks before Christmas.

In honor of our tradition, yesterday we start pulling down all of the Christmas stuff...  Ornaments, decorations, stockings, lights, tree.....um...tree?....babe, tree? Yea, no tree in the attic!!!

We threw it away last year because it was starting to tear up pretty badly!!  We totally forgot!  So, the living room is piled with ornament boxes and we run to Wal-Mart.  Trees are horrible (fake and real).  So, we get the stuff we need for the girls' cheer parties, we get the stuff for dinner, and we go to Lowe's. YAY...a tree we like.  I got my first REAL tree EVER!  I am so excited!  It is so cool!  I am almost 34 years old and have NEVER had this experience!  It was fun!  On the way home I say "Next year, can we go to a tree farm?"
Here is the conversation that followed.

Jonathan: Tree farm?
Me: Yea, a farm with lots of trees.  You walk around and pick which one you want and they cut it down!
Jonathan: Cool.
Me: Yea!
Jonathan: Do they plant the trees themselves.
Rob:  No! Little elves go out and plant them and they grow by magic.
Jonathan: Rolls eyes and stays quiet! haha.

I love our family!!!

We get home and get the tree all trimmed up (Rob and Ally did this) and Jonathan put the tree stand together.  Rob puts on the lights with Jonathan's help and then Rob and I leave the room.  Then, our kids plus 2 (Holland and Ally both had sleepover pals) decorated it themselves while blasting out some music.  Sometimes, the best memories for kids are the ones where the parents just let them have full control.  That is what we did and they love it! 

Now you know why I didn't blog yesterday!  I will be blogging about MT stuff tonight (I promise)!  So keep an eye out for that but for now I just wanted to share our family day.

I warned you that if I ever did some nail art that I was proud of that I would post pics, so here you go!  Winterized nails!!!   (These were taken via my LG ALLY phone, so sorry for the less than perfect quality)
FROSTY! (right hand)
And his friends! (right hand)
Snowy nails (left hand)



I started liking  nail art when I found "The Daily Nail" blog. That link takes you to the beginning of her blog, September of 2009, there is no other way to start with her except at the beginning!  The woman who does this blog is AMAZING! She did a new nail design EVERY day for one year!  She is finished with her year-long project but still posts nails every few days!  I check her blog every single morning.  I did this nail art myself, no stencils or Konad products were used.  It was all freehand.  It is not perfect at all, but I am a beginner :) I just really enjoy doing this!  So, there ya go.  That was my Saturday.  Now I have to get to work for about an hour or so and then later tonight, once the kids are in bed, I will blog about the changes coming to my company and about my job search as promised :)

Thank you to all my followers and readers.  I appreciate the time you take to read my babbling-like typing. 

Sharon

6 comments:

  1. how do you do those nails so well? I can imagine it's hard to keep your hand steady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will usually practice what I want to do on a post-it note first. For this though the head is a Q-tip. The body is a pencil eraser. The eyes, mouth, and buttons are toothpicks. The scarf is just a line with a paint brush. The hat is a line with a scarf and then just freehanding a "top". The snow, a few dots with the head of a straight pen and then lines to the middle :) Its not as hard as it looks. Shakiness is my biggest issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have trouble with how early Christmas starts. It's too commercialized sometimes. Give me a nativity scene and some carols like "Silent Night" and "Little Drummer Boy" and I'm totally happy! This is why I wait until the weekend before Christmas to do my Lights Drive.

    Your snowflakes and Frosty art is great! I was a nail technician in a previous incarnation. About 12 years ago. It only lasted for a couple years before my business went bust, but I loved it. I'd still have nails but can't type with the dang things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are almost at the point where I have to trim them. The thumb with Frosty on it is the worst! Once Frosty "melts" haha I will have to trim that nail down. Sadly, my manicures only last about a day because my nails WILL NOT hold onto polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!!! (and I'm so glad that I could inspire you to start doing nail art!!! :)) <---- That's what the blog is all about!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Miss M! :) I may not be as good as you but dangit my little frosties made me proud! :D

    ReplyDelete

Here is your chance to ask me questions, request topics, or just say Way To Go! :)